Here at INHF, we’re getting into the Thanksgiving spirit! Learn how to make these acorn-shaped cookies for any holiday gathering!
1 package oreos, crushed
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
Pecans, finely crushed
Pretzel sticks, broken into thirds
1. Mix oreos and cream cheese together. Blend well.
2. Take 1 Tbsp. of the mixture and form into an oval, then pinch the end to create a tapered, acorn shape.
3. Place the acorns on a wax-paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour or until hard.
4. Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in the microwave. Take chilled acorns and dip in chocolate. Use a fork to move the acorn around as the mixture will be hot. Once thoroughly coated, remove and place on a new wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Use a toothpick to smoothly transfer the acorn to the baking sheet.
5. Repeat step 4 until all acorns are coated. Let them harden at room temperature.
6. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Take the hardened acorns and dip the wide end in chocolate again, then roll in crushed pecans.
7. Dip one end of a pretzel stick in chocolate, then press onto the top of the acorn.
8. Allow pretzels and nuts to set, then serve and enjoy!